- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Use of the Natural Vitamin D3 2000IU Capsules
The classic vitamin D deficiency disease is rickets, Yet as fear of sun-exposure has grown and lifestyles have become more sedentary, exposure to the sun has dropped dramatically and vitamin D deficiency and the incidence of rickets have surged. The skin cannot create vitamin D if covered in sunscreen or clothing, it is thought that a sun cream with SPF15 will reduce the skin’s ability to synthesize vitamin D by more than 95%. Furthermore, many older people and those from the Asian community who tend to wear more modest clothing are amongst the population groups most like to suffer deficiency in vitamin D. Dietary sources include fortified foods, eggs, and fatty fish.
Most commonly-available Vitamin D3 supplements are derived from the lanolin in sheep’s wool, however, Vitamin D3 Viridian Nutrition’s is vegan and naturally-derived from lichen. Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, teeth, muscle function, and immune function. Vitamin D contributes to the normal absorption/utilization of calcium and phosphorus.
Viridian Vitamin D3 2000IU Active Ingredients
Ingredients in 1 vegan capsule: vitamin D3 2000 IU 50 1000g [1000%*] (vegan form extracted from lichen), capsule shell 40 mg (vegetable cellulose) based on alfalfa.
* %EC NRV = European Community Nutrient Reference Values.
Vitamin D3 2000IU Additional Information
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) in the form of lichen extract. The IU value indicates the amount of active substance in the extract – Vitamin D3 with a value of 2000 IU contains 1000% of the recommended daily dose of vitamin, so it is enough to take one capsule every other day.
This vitamin is produced by the body itself by transformation after exposure to sunlight. It can also be found in animal products, but vitamin D3 in this supplement is obtained from a vegan source – lichen. We usually suffer from a lack of vitamin D in the winter, or all those wearing clothes covering most of the body all year round are at risk, or also the elderly.
- All components are 100% active.
- Only the form of quality capsules of plant origin is used, with a free powder content (the Viridian Nutrition brand does not use the form of cheaper tablets due to the high content of ballast binders and adhesives, which can make up 50% of the tablet).
- The product does not contain genetically modified or irradiated components.
- Does not contain ingredients of animal origin: suitable for vegans.
- Does not contain preservatives, artificial colors, wheat gluten, wheat, lactose, added sugars, yeast, magnesium stearate, stearic acid.
- The ingredients in the product come from crops and plants from small local producers. One of Viridian’s key principles is to support local farmers and producers (not multinational corporations), with whom it has very fair and fair relations. Viridian thus fulfills its motto of ethical vitamins and also guarantees the quality of its supplements, because it has an overview of the entire production process – literally from the seed to the final product.
Packaging: 60 capsules (7.4 g)
Dosage: Take 1 capsule every other day, after meals. Drink enough water.
Warning: Not intended for children, pregnant and lactating women, so consult a doctor. Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage. It is not a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place, out of reach of children. If you are taking prescription medications, consult your doctor before consuming this food supplement.
|Dimensions||9 × 5 × 5 cm|
Viridian International Limited, United Kingdom