REQUEST FORM – GENETIC TEST
Ridge Disposition – Number of Ridge Gene
133 Kb duplication, chromosome 18, Rhodesian Ridgeback
General Terms of Genetic Test
- A genetic test is ordered by sending the filled request form with a sample taken from your dog to our address.
- The accuracy of the analysis is >99%.
- Results of the test are available usually within 10 working days, during July and August within 15 working days, because of the holiday season.
- The customer might be asked to repeat the test or to provide a blood sample if the buccal swab does not contain a sufficient amount of DNA for analysis.
- The test result is issued only to the customer, and only after payment has been made. The results are sent by email in pdf, also possible to send a certificate.
- If the genetic test for ridge disposition is performed then the genetic test determines the copy number of the ridge gene (0/1/2). The laboratory takes no responsibility for ridgeless puppies born in the litter if the test is used for mating purposes since we can not exclude hidden mutations/polymorphisms or incomplete penetrance of the ridge gene, which might lead to suppression of ridge formation.
- The DNA sample is archived for free in the laboratory. If you do not wish to archive the DNA sample, please, inform us.