Rhodesian Ridgeback – Sampling InstructionsJOuStore.com
Instructions for Blood Sampling
Ask your veterinarian to take a blood sample of your dog.
- Collect 0.5 – 1 ml of blood to a purplecapped EDTA-tube. Invert the tube 8-10 times to prevent clotting.
- Clearly label the tube with the dog’s name. Make sure that the sample is packed properly, for example, you can place blood tube into small plastic pack to prevent damage or leakage.
Instructions for Mouth Cell Collection, Buccal Swab Sampling
The dog should have clean mouth. Please, do not serve food or drink at least 1 hour before sampling.
If puppies are still breastfeeding, please take a sample at least 1 hour after last breastfeeding.
Puppy should also be during this period in limited contact with its mother and other siblings.
- Open the package with the sampling swab (brush) placed in a tube (use only the original buccal swab kit distributed by the laboratory or buccal swab kit approved by the laboratory).
- Remove the swab from the tube. Make sure that your fingers do not touch the sampling part of the swab (Fig. 1).
- Insert the swab into the mouth of the dog and rub for at least 10 seconds inside cheek of the dog’s mouth. When taking the sample, apply constant pressure and rotate the swab regurarly. Try to cover by rubbing maximum area of a dog’s mouth (Fig. 2).
- After swabbing let the buccal swab air dry for at least 1 hour at room temperature.
- Put the swab back into the tube. Clearly label the tube with the dog’s name.